Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It doesn't take as long as you think

Feeling bogged down by a ToDo list that seems endless?
Housework starting to pile up, and you are certain you will never get caught up?
Too tired at the end of the day to even think about tackling what feels like hours of housework and paperwork?
Here is a secret that might make life a little brighter for you.
It doesn't take as long as you think.
Really.
Most of those items? Take less than 15 minutes each. Lots of them? Take less than 5 minutes. You would be amazed by how many can be done in less than 2.
Yep, 2 Minutes.
I was even surprised by that one.
I recently pulled a muscle in my groin, and in trying to heal it I have been using a re-usable heat pack that you stick in the microwave for 2 minutes. I stick it in, hit 2 minutes and go work on something until it dings. At first, my thought was " will start this and finish it later". But I found that there are lots of tasks I can complete before the timer dings at all. Here are just a few of the things that I can do before 2 minutes are up:

Fold a basket of towels
Rotate laundry (take it out of dryer,move from washer to dryer, new load in washer)
Scoop a cat box
Wash all the breakfast dishes
Dust the living room
Vacuum the living room
Clean a toilet
Clean a sink/counter
Dump the ice in the bin and refill all the trays

Honestly, I knew those were not long tasks, but I never would have predicted that they could be done in 2 minutes or less. How many unused little 2 minute slots are in you day that you could be using to cross items off of your todo list and making your life a little simpler?

No comments:

Post a Comment