Monday, November 17, 2008

switching roles: journalist mode

I am getting settled in here at SC08 in Austin Texas. This is one of the conferences where I get to attend as Press, a fun hat switch for me. I like approaching new technologies from the perspective of outsider looking in, questioning how we can stretch the discipline and grow it in many directions. When I have my journalist hat on, it is how to grow it in the direction of Manufacturing IT.
Instead of looking as a consumer of technology, I get to brainstorm on behalf of many technology consumers, trying to think not just what my family or my company needs.. but what anyone could possibly do with some of the new ideas being introduced. I get to dream, think big and travel way outside of the box. Most of my "official" posts will appear over on the Intech High Performance Computing Blog, but I will try to keep posting here as well, including some pictures as the week goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment